$244 Million from Technology Product Class Action Settlements. Deadline is 10.30.17
June 07, 2017
Your organization may be eligible to receive significant returns from two currently available class action settlements because it purchased desktop and/or laptop computers, and mobile phones for employees.
- Optical Disk Drive (ODD) - $180 Million – claim filing deadline extended to 10/30/2017 (was previously set for 8/1/2017): Entities in certain states that purchased products containing an ODD (desktop computers, laptops, or stand-alone ODDs) anytime from April 2003 through December 2008.
- Lithium Ion Batteries (Li-Ion) Settlement - $64.45 Million – claim filing deadline moved to 11/29/17 (was previously set for 9/30/2017): Entities that purchased products including, but not limited to computers, mobile phones, digital cameras/audio players, and camcorders anytime from January 2000 through May 2011.
Estimates of recovery amounts from the ODD Settlement according to the official settlement documentation is approximately $10/drive, which could increase or decrease depending on the total number of valid claims filed by the entire class.
Both of these settlements cover "indirect" purchases, which are purchases made by an entitiy for its own use, and not for resale. For example, laptop computers purchased by a business for use by its employees.
Additional Defendants are expected to settle in each of these cases, but have not completed negotiations. When they do settle, the total funds are expected to grow and exceed $180 million and $64.45 million respectively.
MCAG has a convenient way to help eligible with the claims process.
Our settlement experts continually search for class actions, such as ODD and Li-Ion, for which you may be eligible. You do not have to spend any time looking for applicable class actions or examining settlement documentation. Once you enroll in MCAG’s service, we’ll notify you of the opportunity, determine your eligibility and submit claims on your behalf whenever possible without requiring any of your time. There may be certain occasions that require the submission of limited additional information to MCAG, but the process will be as convenient as possible.
Is there a fee for this service?
There are no upfront fees for this service. We align our incentives with yours and charge a contingent fee percentage of recoveries. Services include all the data analysis necessary to determine eligibility, document preparation, claims filing, recovery and reconciliation for enrolled customers. If no money is recovered for your organization from the settlement(s), then MCAG will not charge or retain a fee.
Signing up is easy:
- Contact an MCAG Representative at 800-355-0466 to obtain an access code to our settlements website.
- Enter your 6-digit code at settlements.mcaginc.com.
- Click the “Enroll Now” button in the center of the page.
- Enter in your business information and that’s it!